Last updated 12 December 2017
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then this privacy statement defines the criteria by which that information will be used.
We may change this policy from time to time by making updates to this page. This policy is effective from 12 December 2017.
Information we collect
New Beginnings Childbirth Library may collect the following information:
- your name
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, gender, age, preferences, and interests
- other information relevant to student/visitor surveys, contact, or registration forms.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We will not make available your information to any third party for marketing nor promotional purposes.
- We will never sell your information.
We currently have advanced security features (such as SSL security certificates) on the site that could prevent third parties from viewing information transmitted on this website. Additionally, all financial transactions are presently handled via third-party financial systems that are specifically dedicated to ensuring the security of your personal data. No personal, financial information about an individual user is held by the company, physically or virtually.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The New Beginnings Doula Training website does not currently employ cookies to track your use of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your expressed permission to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will correct any information found to be incorrect.